This primary science course is designed for all teachers within the primary sector who wish to improve their teaching of this subject, from NQTs through to Primary Science subject co-ordinators. The science curriculum will be explained and how assessment of this subject will be implemented. Interesting activities, ideas for investigations and how to differentiate for both SEND and EAL students will be covered. Participants will leave feeling confident in their ability to implement this subject within their classroom. As with all our courses there will be a strong emphasis on how technology can enhance learning in this field
- Content within the Science curriculum
- How to assess learning.
- The role of dialogic talk in primary science, how to implement this in your science teaching
- An appreciation of the processes of science teaching in the primary school – how to cope with those investigations – it’s not all fair testing!
- Taking science learning outside the classroom
- Some practical ideas to take away and use in your teaching of science from early years through to the end of year six
- Cross curricular topics for exciting science teaching
- Effective use of technology in primary science – plenty of technology use in this subject that will help and support your teaching.
Do check out our blog for science resources and teaching ideas that can be used in your classroom.Book a place on this course now